As part of our commitment to improving access to care, we offer a wide range of GP online services including:
- Online Appointments requests
- Online Repeat Prescription Requests
- Online Test Results
- Online Medical Summary
These are powered by EMIS/Patient Access GP online services and require online registration.
You can start to access our services right from your smartphone in just a few easy steps
- First up, search the app you wish to use in the app stores, we suggest the ‘myGP’ app but there are others available.
- Download to your smartphone or tablet
- Enter your mobile number and date of birth (this must be the mobile number on your records)
- Search for your GP surgery
- Create a PIN
- Once you have registered online you will need to bring valid photo ID to the surgery before we can activate your account to ensure that no one else has access to your medical records.
It will be your responsibility to keep your login details and password safe and secure. If you know or suspect that your record has been accessed by someone that you have not agreed should see it, then you should change your password immediately.
If you can’t do this for some reason, we recommend that you contact the practice so that they can remove online access until you are able to reset your password.
If you print out any information from your record, it is also your responsibility to keep this secure. If you are at all worried about keeping printed copies safe, we recommend that you do not make copies at all.
Before you apply for online access to your record, there are some other things to consider.
Although the chances of any of these things happening are very small, you will be asked that you have read and understood the following before you are given login details.
Things to consider before registering for online services
Choosing to share your information with someone
It’s up to you whether or not you share your information with others – perhaps family members or carers. It’s your choice, but also your responsibility to keep the information safe and secure.
If you think you may be pressured into revealing details from your patient record to someone else against your will, it is best that you do not register for access at this time.
Information about someone else
If you spot something in the record that is not about you or notice any other errors, please log out of the system immediately and contact the practice as soon as possible.
The practice has the right to remove online access to services for anyone that doesn’t use them responsibly.